[mythtv-users] how to make idle frontend exit?

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Tue Jul 10 11:18:20 UTC 2012

Petr Stehlik wrote:

> I doubt FE only machine would make use of ServerHaltCommand.

I was assuming you were talking about a FE/BE.

> When I was using that I used to run into troubles when the screensaver
> got activated in the middle of movie play. That's why I got rid of that
> and don't want to return to it now when MythTV does it internally.

In 0.24 myth was poking the screensaver every 50 seconds or so while
playing something. Since 0.25 myth sends a "DPMS off" when playing and
"DPMS on" when not playing something. gnome-screensaver doesn't seem to
understand this (bug?), but it works with xscreensaver (I wrote that in
my first reply). In my setup the xscreensaver never gets activated while
watching something in myth.

I will play around with the idle function later to find out what it
really does. The description in the setup is very vague.