[mythtv-users] Gainward GeForce 8400GS 1GB - suitable HD playback?

Alessandro alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:56:02 UTC 2012

Hello folks,
Can anyone advise whether this graphics card is suitable for HD
playback with the better de-interlacers?
http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=425
it's the Gainward GeForce 8400GS 1GB

I have a motherboard  that has the PCI16e next to the 2 PCI's I need
for my two Nova HD S2 cards. The space is limited, so it has a low
profile for the heat sink and it should not interfere with the PCI
cards.

But, does anyone know an alternative (passive cooling) for this card
if it's not a good choice for Mythtv? I wanted to get the 9500GT but
it's not available, and that has the low profile passive I'm looking
for.

Thanks
Alessandro