[mythtv-users] Missing chunks of recordings

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 19:25:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Eric Smith <erictsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2. I added a splitter to my coax line coming into the hdhomerun prime.
>>  I would suspect that this is the issue but the recording quality
>> seems as good as ever during the periods where it is recording and
>> none of the other devices behind the splitter are exhibiting any
>> issues.
>>
>> Any thoughts on troubleshooting options or other logs/verbose levels I
>> should be looking at?
>
> Look at the log and signal status on the Prime's web interface.
>
> Just curious... Are the recordings correctly detected as damaged? (New in 0.25)
>
> Tom

I don't see anything of interest in the prime's log and the signal
strength seems good.  Yes, the recordings are being correctly detected
as damaged (thanks for that thought... changing to a theme which shows
the damaged status makes it easier to get an idea of how widespread
this issue is).  It turns out it is not all recordings... it is maybe
1/3 of them.  More interesting is that it occurs in chunks.  Last
night every recording from about 7pm to 10pm was damaged but none of
the others throughout the day were.  I'm not sure what to make of that
other than myth is purposefully damaging the "important" recordings?
:)