[mythtv-users] Anyone with a MythTV and Free-to-air satellite setup in the United States?

Amy Overmyer aovermy at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 21:36:45 UTC 2012

on a traxis, you would need a bunch of channels, as many as the traxis could see (or as many as you want to record/watch) in a database with channel numbers of some sort (many people choose numbers like 83_1, 83_2...93_1, 101_1 etc. based on the satellite they're pointing at). I have a similar set up with dish network where I receive with my dish receiver and then use component out to a HDPVR, but in that case it was easier because I had schedulesdirect to create those channels for me. Without schedulesdirect, the channel editor will need to be used.

My fta tuner card (dvb-s2) is prof-7301 pci. it uses the stv0900 driver and seems to work well with mythtv once I added in a couple of high frequency patches. This is with a Ku band system. I've not tried it with C band.