[mythtv-users] Remote Control Replacement

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 00:25:38 UTC 2012

On Jul 14, 2012 5:07 PM, "jr" <jraymyth at gmail.com> wrote:

> My four(?) year old Harmony 550 had a catastrophic encounter with a
> boot heel this afternoon.  As such, I am in search of a new remote to
> control my DVD, Roku, MythTV and Televison.  Anyone have a current
> favorite remote to suggest as a replacement?
>
> jr

Jr,

Can you take advantage of the CEC capabilities in Mythtv?  You can get a
usb dongle that will allow a plain old remote and receiver (like an MCE
remote) to control all your devices?

If you have an android phone, we have built network remote control of
mythtv Front ends right from your phone. Most tv's and other players that
can connect to the Internet also usually have apps as well.

Just a thought