[mythtv-users] Best MythGallery compatible photo/video organizer?

Duiker TS duiker.ts at edpnet.be
Tue Jul 17 12:40:08 UTC 2012

> Can anyone on this list recommend a relatively simple but reliable
> photo/home video manager which can integrate well with MythGallery?
> What are people using?
>
> Over the years my MythGallery directory has gotten to be a bit of a
> mess, with some subdirectories imported from within MythGallery, some
> copied in from other places.  Sometimes the date of import was quite a
> bit later than the date the photo was taken.  Sometimes the device
> wasn't fully cleared before a second import, so there are duplicates.
>
> Most photos are tagged with a reasonable date internally.  I'm looking
> for something that can reorganize the photos and videos in a sensible
> hierarchy by date/time actually recorded (not imported), weed out the
> duplicates, and doesn't keep them locked up in its own database but
> rather keeps it on disk in a way MythGallery can read it.

I have no idea for the duplicates problem, but I found pyRenamer to be a
very good tool to mass rename any batch of files based on existing
naming patterns and/or metadata (MP3 tags, exif). In my case that
combined pattern and metadata functionality was needed to take files
that used a variety of previous naming systems and turn them all into a
single system. But just metadata, e.g. exif date, works just as well.

Tony