[mythtv-users] Volume Discrepancy

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 24 21:11:28 UTC 2012

On 07/23/2012 10:57 AM, Ken Mink wrote:
>     I am running v0.25.2 on CentOS6.3. I have a PVR-500, a HDHomerun
> and a HVR-2250 all attached to the same TWC feed. The problem I am
> working on is a serious volume discrepancy between the PVR-500 and the
> analog side of the HVR-2250. They are record from the same feed, but
> the recordings and livetv from each have a serious difference in audio
> volume. I've looked at the recording profiles, but they both use the
> "MPEG-2 Encoders (PVR-x50, PVR-500)" group. I don't see how to assign
> a different group or different profiles to each card. How can I do
> this or is there some other way to set the recording volumes
> differently for each card.

There's no way to associate recording profiles to capture cards--they're
associated with specific recording rules.

Therefore, your only option is to either live with it or run some kind
of script after MythTV starts recording to set the volume appropriately
on your capture cards.  You can either use a script spawned by the
external channel change script or one spawned by a Recording Started
system event, and have it sleep for a while (5, 10 or 20s or ...) then
adjust the volume.  You probably want to have MythTV set the "lower"
volume properly and then have the script increase the volume on the
quieter cards so that you're not blown out of the chair by the loud
volume for the first 20s.

Mike