[mythtv-users] Problem configuring new channels

EJS ejshoor at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 13:23:42 UTC 2012

>  when I try to tune 7_1 through LiveTV,  it seems to get a partial lock and then I
receive an "error opening jump program file buffer." In the backend logs I

>  see the following error message(s):
>  Jul 24 18:14:24
mythbackend[8090]: E DVBRead dtvsignalmonitor.cpp:347 (HandlePMT)
DTVSM(/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0): Wrong PMT; pmt->pn(11004)

>  desired(11003)
>
>  After
 deleting my video sources, adapters and channels, and truncating the
channelscan, channelscan_channel, channelscan_dtv_multiplex tables, and
then
>  setting everything up again from scratch, I am still seeing the
exact same behavior.

After a bit more research I was able to confirm that the problem is only related to LiveTV. I can record channel 7_1 without a problem.  So, just to be on the safe side, I went back deleted all the channels, adapters, video sources as well as truncating all related tables again (channelscan, channelscan_channel, channelscan_dtv_multiplex, and a few others), rebooted, and set up everything a third time from scratch (maybe its a fourth or fifth time by now). Unfortunately, everything is still behaving exactly the same. Recording works, LiveTV does not. I also checked to make sure that "Quick Tuning" was set to "Never"; so why would LiveTV be any different than recording?

Would anyone have a suggestion at this point? I haven't seen any recommendations on this list beyond deleting everything and rescanning. (Of Which Mike seems to be a very big proponent.)

Would it be worth it to try to scan using dvbscan instead of myth? Is the problem even related to scanning since recordings actually work.

Thanks in advance for any pointers or suggestions. I'd really like to get my live TV back.

Thanks,