[mythtv-users] Time to get a SSD?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 17:48:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Bert Haskins <bhaskins at chartermi.net> wrote:

> The SD to PATA adapters that I've tried were slooooooooooooooooooooow.

As I recall, almost all of the flash-card to ide adapters were
built and programmed using the 8051/2 core, a slow 8-bit
processor design.  Its main attractiveness is it is cheap, and
there were many code fragments available to do things,
and it was "good enough to ship".  While slow, the real
speed penalty for most flash-cards had do to the
read (+recover errors), erase, write (+verify) cycles for
the flash line.

Gary