[mythtv-users] Question on power search recording rule

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 26 01:31:01 UTC 2012

On 07/25/2012 07:19 PM, Aaron Klein wrote:
> I am trying to create a power search that will record a show on any
> channel with the exception of a small listing of channels.  I have
> used the below language for racing to exclude based on program
> subtitle but not sure on the variable to use to exclude with respect
> to a channel.
>
> program.title = 'Formula One Racing' AND program.subtitle NOT LIKE
> '%Qualifying%' AND program.subtitle NOT LIKE '%Practice%'

See the example clauses "Only on a specific station" or "Exclude one
station" or "Match related callsigns" or "Only channels from the
Favorites group" or "Only channels from a specific video source" in the
frontend Power Recording Rule editor.  The favorites group example may
be a good way of specifying a list of channels that you can easily
update without changing/editing the rule (just change "Favorites" to the
name of the group you use).

Note, also, you may want/need to use parentheses to group together your
conditions.

Mike