[mythtv-users] CableCard Chain.

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Thu Jul 26 14:46:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 7:23 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>>  I [] could do a 4-tuner + 300hrs space for less than $399.99...
>
> I'm dubious of that claim.  You'd need half that much for an InfiniTV alone.
>
> Eric

He isn't that far off. Newegg has a shellshocker system today for $289
that would make a pretty nice system. Would need a tuner and a
slightly larger hard drive to meet the above requirements (only has a
1TB drive right now). If you buy things on sale and use multirec to
get to 4 tuners then under $400 is doable. I'd probably bump it up to
$500 though and get slightly better storage or a cable card tuner.