[mythtv-users] myth 0.25 prolific log messages

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 19:24:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 06/01/2012 09:18 AM, Ray Parrish wrote:
>
>> I recently upgraded to 0.25-fixes using Mythbuntu's auto-build repo,
>> and I was surprised at the change in content of the Mythweb logs page.
>> Now it seems to log every little detail from both the backend and the
>> frontend on the same box. Is there a setting somewhere in either the
>> backend or mythweb configuration to return logging to just the
>> important backend events the way 0.24 did?
>>

> The MythWeb logs functionality should have been removed, because it's
> broken by design.  No one should use it.  (Only reason I left it
> in--completely broken--is because I didn't feel like fighting with users
> who would complain when I removed it.)
>
> Those who actually need HTTP access to logging can choose to use the
> services API to retrieve the desired information.
>
> Mike

People don't complain about things they don't care about.

It is a bit ironic that the only things I used in MythWeb were MythWeather
and the myth logs as they were really convenient.  I know this is free
software, but these were working features that were removed and I guess you
are saying the only way to look at the logs now is through some obscure
API.  Guess I will do without.

Dan