[mythtv-users] Issues since upgrading to 0.25

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 1 20:03:33 UTC 2012

On 06/01/2012 01:48 PM, Enigma wrote:
> I recently upgraded my MythTV systems (2 backends, 5 frontends) to
> 0.25 from 0.24-fixes. Previously I was using a mix of various Debian
> and Ubuntu versions, for the upgrade I installed Mythbuntu 12.04 on
> all frontends and Ubuntu server on the backends.  Since the upgrade I
> have been having several problems, I am posting this in the hope
> someone will recognize some of these symptoms and recommend
> fixes/workarounds.
>
> 2.  Commercial Flagging.  Since the upgrade most of my recorded
> programs don't get the commercials flagged.  Occasionally the Myth
> status page will show a failure but for most of the programs it
> doesn't look like it ever started the commflag job.  Was there
> something in 0.25 that changed under which conditions the commflag job
> is run on a recording?  I do have a couple of channels that are marked
> as commfree but this appears to be affecting programs recorded from
> all channels.  If I manually start a commflag job on these recordings
> it seems to complete fine but it does not seem like it is getting
> automatically run for most of my recordings.  Has anyone else seen
> this problem?

There are rumors that jobs aren't being started for the 2nd recording
with back-to-back recordings.

> 4.  MythMusic.  Everybody else hates it, why shouldn't I?  j/k!  The
> new music interface does seem to have a problem remembering what
> playlist I had selected before, each new time I go into music it tells
> me I haven't selected any tracks to play.  Is this the normal behavior
> or do I have something configured wrong?

Perhaps you're not exiting mythfrontend nicely, but instead letting it
get killed?  Start up mythfrontend, queue up some playlist, then exit
mythmusic and exit mythfrontend--using the EXIT key, and selecting to
exit (don't use the shut down or reboot options you may have).  Then go
back in and see if it remembers things better.

Mike