[mythtv-users] Reactivate recording via API?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Jun 5 14:30:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 10:19:10PM -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 6/4/2012 21:40, Thomas Mashos wrote:

> >>At the moment, all changes to the recording rules must be done through the
> >>database.  There is no access through the backend protocol or services API.
> >
> >This won't work?
> >
> >http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DVR_Service#EnableRecordSchedule

No.  Reactivation requires setting a flag in the oldrecorded table and
then requesting a reschedule.  There is Myth protocol support for
doing the latter, but not the former.

> I assume he's talking about single-episode overrides, where you
> create a new rule referencing an existing rule.  You can disable or
> delete an override already in the database, but you cannot create a
> new one.

No, he's talking about reactivating a recording, which means
rescheduling a recording that stopped or failed for some reason.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net