[mythtv-users] Testing 0.24 without XvMC

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Tue Jun 5 17:14:49 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently running 0.24, and contemplating an upgrade to 0.25.
Before I do that I'd like to have an idea whether my current frontend is
likely to work under 0.25.

The frontend in question has an onboard Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE, so too
old for VDPAU. I'm currently using ffmpeg with XVideo (a slightly
modified version of the normal profile).  Given that XvMC has been
dropped from 0.25, can anyone suggest how I could create an equivalent
playback profile for 0.24 without XvMC to see if it's likely to work.

I should probably mention that the content I watch is either UK DVB-T
recordings (SD only), or H.264 DVD rips (made with Handbrake using the
High profile).

thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started