[mythtv-users] Subtitle clarity

Alexander Fisher alex at alexfisher.me.uk
Wed Jun 6 15:32:09 UTC 2012

Hi

Does anybody else have issues with some subtitles (from dvd rips),
being really difficult to read?

I started watching 'Jean de Florette', with English titles turned on,
but gave up until I figured out how to fix this issue.

The titles are large enough and appear in the correct part of the
screen, but they look really odd.  They're grey, with a thin white
edging.  With no antialiasing, this looks awful.
The same mkv file played with VLC is *much* more pleasing with solid
white titles that are easier to follow.

Before I open a ticket and attach a sample, I thought I'd check to see
if it was a known issue.

Kind Regards,
Alex