[mythtv-users] Slight Discontinuity in HDPVR Recordings at Program Changes

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jun 8 04:24:20 UTC 2012

On 08/06/12 15:13, Mark Goldberg wrote:
> I am recording with an HDPVR from Dish using the latest HDPVR firmware
> and .25-fixes from git as of June 5.
> The system runs on Fedora 16 with kernel 3.3.1-3.fc16.x86_64.
>
> I record one minute extra before and after each show. I have noticed
> that at the normal program change,
> one minute after the recording starts and one minute before it ends
> there is a discontinuity in the recording,
> resulting in a slight glitch and blockiness. With the default log level
> there is nothing logged in either
> the backend log when recording or the frontend log when playing back.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> Mark

I haven't seen any "hard" recording glitches, i.e., corrupted recording
files but I have noticed small playback glitches at key times, e.g.,
when a recording starts or ends. The glitches are not repeatable by
rewinding so the recording files are OK. Seems to me 0.25 may thrash the
disk(s) or CPU harder than 0.23 did which could interrupt playback. I
never saw these glitches with 0.23.