[mythtv-users] Recording Functionality Breaks Regularly Since Upgrading to 0.25

Brian and Lisa brian.n.lisa at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 13:18:01 UTC 2012

On 6/9/2012 1:26 AM, Michael Harnden wrote:
> On Friday, June 08, 2012 07:10:30 PM Brian and Lisa wrote:
>> On 6/7/2012 11:21 PM, Nick Rout wrote:

>>> Sorry if I missed it, but what capture device?
>> Nick,
>>
>> Sorry I left this out - it's a tried and true Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150.

> As someone wrestling with the same problem (using a PVR150 and PVR350) I have
> a cron job set up to unload/load the ivtv modules as a temporary workaround
> (and save a bunch of rebooting). I now average only 2 or 3 failed recordings
> per week.
>
> #!/bin/bash
> modprobe -r ivtv
> sleep 5
> modprobe ivtv debug=0x4f
>

> Mike
Mike,

Thanks for your suggestion.  My effort to try your fix didn't work, but
given my lack of experience with cron jobs it's possible that my
implementation is is error.

I copied your script into /etc/cron.hourly (-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 126

I failed to trim extraneous notes from last post before sending  -
apologies.  Hope to get the hang of this forum soon....

Brian