[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime CCI Scanner

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Mon Jun 11 15:51:05 UTC 2012

On 06/11/12 11:47, Karl Newman wrote:
> I think your Prime is operating in QAM mode, which
> means it's not using the CableCard. To my knowledge, CableCard uses
> channel numbers, QAM uses frequencies.

Yes, CableCard tuners are able to read and process the channel and
frequency table from the cable company, so you go back to simple channel
numbers.  However, the Prime will tell you what the raw frequency is.
This means that it should be possible to write a script that you can run
on a cable card tuner that will generate the mapping table for a QAM tuner.

Now if there were such a script, and it would auto-upload the results to
Schedules Direct, then people with QAM tuners in the same area would
have a much easier time setting up their systems.  This would also be
nice for people with both an older HD Homerun and a new Prime.