[mythtv-users] DNS not working after Precise 11.10 -> 12.04 Mythbuntu upgrade

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Jun 12 02:49:36 UTC 2012

On 06/11/2012 06:55 PM, David Brieck Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Dan<dansto.well+myth at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If you've any advice at all about getting DNS working after my
>> mythbuntu upgrade, I'd be very grateful...
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/199809
>>
>> Anyone experienced similar?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dan
>>

>> Try putting your name servers in /etc/resolv.conf

The device description in /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0
in *FEDORA*, looks like this:
DEVICE=eth0
HWADDR=00:11:22:33:44
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=yes
IPADDR=192.168.11.95
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.11.1
PREFIX=24
DNS1=67.55.0.11
DNS2=64.71.255.198

Nameservers are also defined in /etc/resolv.conf.

Moreover, the nameserver's IP addresses are *also* defined in the
router. Might be best to start there, and work down into your net, from
there.
G.