[mythtv-users] Configuring the system - not understanding some things

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Tue Jun 12 13:56:40 UTC 2012

On 11/06/12 18:58, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> However, if you set your system so that the HDTV tuner(s) are used in
>> preference (i.e. given a lower Schedule Order than the non-HDTV
>> tuner(s)), the scheduler will probably do the right thing (unless
>> backed into a corner with non-HDTV shows airing earlier than HDTV
>> shows or something.
>
> Not quite in this situation.
>
> Unless the OP specifically excludes them, all the channels available
> from the SD only tuner are also available from the HD tuner - the
> difference being that the HD tuner can receive the single DVB-T2 mux
> we have (which carries HD channels) in addition to the DVB-T muxes
> which all carry SD channels.
>
> So I think it would have to be done via channel priorities unless he
> dedicates the HD tuner to HD channels only.

I've actually set my HD Channel Priorities to 2, and this is seemingly
giving the right results.

As an aside (it might be because) I renamed my BBC One HD channel to BBC
One.  The other night I looked at Mythweb around the point where it had
picked an HD channel to record and the BBC One Channel 1 line on Mythweb
was showing the program as HD.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk