[mythtv-users] Difficulty setting up HDHR Prime in myth

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:20:38 UTC 2012

I recently took delivery of an HDHR Prime, and I've got my Comcast cable
card all set up and working great (outside of myth).  It took 3 phone calls
to Comcast, and a service call to get this thing set up properly, but all
is well now.

Here is my myth version:

$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.24.2-20-g0006ba7
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.2

Does this version of myth properly support the HDHR Prime?

To configure my HDHR prime, I am following this guide:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime

I can add the first two HDHR Prime tuners just fine, but I have to add the
3rd tuner by IP address, but that seems to be a documented issue with 0.24
fixes.  Then, I add the video source as documented, and then the fun starts
when I try to map the input connections.  I can't get past the "fetch
channels from lineup" step. Nothing happens, even if I exit and come back
in and try again, as is documented somewhere as a bug.  The message I see
in the myth-setup shell window is:

"skipping channel fetch, you need to scan for channels first"

It almost seems as though myth-setup thinks my HDHR prime is really a plain
HDHR that needs to be "scanned", not fetched.

Am I missing something silly, or do I simply need to bite the bullet and
upgrade to 0.25?  I was hoping to delay that upgrade a bit longer to let
the dust settle.

Larry