[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime CCI Scanner

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Thu Jun 14 09:14:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no direct knowledge of Metrocast, but the anecdotal
> reports on other sites suggest that they set copy protection
> on anything other than "expanded basic" channels (I do not
> know what channels that includes).  However, the reports
> are sufficiently vague as to what the op was using or trying
> to do, so that the accuracy/reliability may be low.

25 of the "Expanded Basic" channels are not working, and we would like
to get the "Digital Basic" if we can get them to fix it. My attempts at
finding more authoritative info about Metrocast have not been as
frustrating as trying to get someone at Metrocast who understands what
CCI is...  To escalate the issue they are requiring a tech come out and
test for filters and signal strength.  This afternoon's visit will
hopefully lead to a resolution of the issue.

> btw, the 2nd example showed a get of /status.  You
> need to get /vstatus to see the cci flags.

I modified the original script a bit to not include the screen shots,
include CCI and signal strength, output an html file with a table and a
csv file. I hope that soon I will be able to post better results for the
CCI.  Results and script are posted at http://axs.org/Metrocast/:
script: cci+ss_scan
scans: Metrocast_Channel_Scan.html, cci-signal.csv and
hdhomerun_config_scan_output.txt

Thanks,
Chuck