[mythtv-users] Recordings Fail for one DVB-T multiplex

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jun 14 10:03:39 UTC 2012

On 14/06/12 10:16, David Watkins wrote:
> I'm in the UK on the Crystal Palace transmitter (DVB-T), running 0.25 fixes.
>
> I've just noticed that ITV4 and Film4 recordings are failing.
>
> Both these channels are on the COM6 multiplex, so probably that whole
> multiplex is failing to tune (I don't have any of the other channels
> on it marked as visible).
>
> It's probably been like this since the channels and multiplexes were
> shuffled around during the digital switch-over at the end of April.
>
> Nothing obvious in the backend log; recordings proceed normally but no
> recording file gets created.
>
> Live TV shows a Partial Lock in the OSD, but never tunes.
>
> My freeview TV is able to tune the channels directly using the same
> antenna feed that goes to my two USB capture devices.
>
> Both capture devices are affected because I've scheduled recordings on each.
>
> I've tried a full rescan.
>
> I've tried a rescan of just that transport.
>
> I've edited the transport to set some of the parameters to explicit
> values rather than  'Auto' ; and modified the frequency, which was set
> to 530MHz instead of 529.8MHz and done a rescan.
>
> The scan seems successful.  It finds 15 channels. The only unusual
> thing I noticed is that it detects an unused transport, which I've not
> seen before.  I've tried all three options that MythTV offers on what
> to do with it (delete, ignore etc) with no good effect.
>
> I'm kind of stumped.  I can carry on fiddling around but there are an
> awful lot of combinations of things to try.  Any advice much
> appreciated

I would delete that transport and rescan all transports with the 'scan
linked transports' enabled.  I have found (but not on Crystal Palace)
that a scan with just the dvb-t2 mux defined will find and populate all
the other muxes; if you start with only SD muxes you may not find HD and
it often takes a few cycles to get the other SD muxes right, but it gets
there in the end.

HTH

John P