[mythtv-users] correctly setting permission for /dev/video* ubuntu 12.04+myth

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 14 14:13:27 UTC 2012

On 06/14/2012 10:06 AM, Allan Strand wrote:
> Any more specifics on the fix you mention?    I have not updated the
> firmware.  I'm a little wary of that given this thread:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-March/330825.html
>
> I'm running a 3.2 kernel and am unclear how to update the driver. Or even
> where to go to find its source code.
>
> thanks, Allan

Sounds like the fix is in the 3.3 series kernels, but I haven't been
paying attention, so some HD-PVR users might be able to help you more.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/517953#517953

Might want to ask how to get it fixed with your distro version or which
firmware version to downgrade to if you're stuck on 3.2 series and can't
get the patched driver.

Mike