[mythtv-users] mythtv and intel on CPU graphics

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 15:24:18 UTC 2012

On 14 June 2012 22:46, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:
> This is my first venture into graphics other than nvidia since it appears
> that intel graphics has come a long way I thought I would give it a try.
>
> I started with a fresh fedora 16 build so really no xorg configuration to
> speak of and the video works and the CPU is only running between 50 and 70
> percent on opengl playback however I would really like to use the intel
> acceleration however can not really seem to figure out how to do that
> because every time I start messing with the xorg config my screen will blank
> after 10 minutes even after I disable all screen saving measures in KDE and
> start mythfrontend with xset dpms force on and xset s off.
>
> I have tried using the VAAPI Normal setting in the video set up since I read
> that is for the intel graphics however using that setting uses as much CPU
> as the High Quality video setting.

if VAAPI isn't working, it will default back to a standard profile.
Check the log for any errors and anything related to VAAPI, did you
actually install the VAAPI intel drivers?
is libva installed?

what does vainfo returns? if you see an error there, you haven't
installed the required packages for vaapi to work properly