[mythtv-users] 0.25 Major AV sync problems

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jun 19 01:41:15 UTC 2012

On 19/06/2012, at 2:05 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Monday, 18 June 2012, David Moore wrote:
>

> The opinion of the person who analysed my logs was that the root problem lies in ffmpeg code. From what little debugging I could do I tend to agree. Haven't raised anything with ffmpeg devs yet. Not sure I have the energy to take it further. Just living with it for now.
>

> You could try upgrading to the current master.. It has a very recent version of ffmpeg. and see if that helps...
> Also,,try to,provide a sample in your ticket. So we can try to reproduce your issue..

Hi Jean-Yves, I'm running 0.25+fixes from mythbuntu repos. Is it possible to do a simple upgrade from this to the current master? Or do you mean compile the master from source?

I'll upload a sample when I can figure out where to upload it to. The things I see are common across all DVB-T broadcasts in NZ. No difference if I select AAC or AC3 audio on channels where this is possible. The problem seems to be something to do with audio PTS so I guess it's independent of codec type.

Not a huge problem for me now. I'm getting used to it. :) So don't let me divert you from more important work.

Cheers
David