[mythtv-users] mythweb and mythpreviewgen / previewgenerator.cpp more verbose message

Kai Dupke mythtv at koma.han.de
Tue Jun 19 17:27:37 UTC 2012

On 06/19/2012 09:32 AM, Karl Dietz wrote:
> n 18.06.2012 11:01, Kai Dupke wrote:
>> after installing mythtv fresh on a server I figured out that I need to
>> have mythtv-frontent installed to get mythtpreviewgen to enable mythweb
>> to generate previews.
>
> installs which do not install all files are broken and not supported by
> the project.

But making things more user friendly is always a good attitude.

Plus it would work in case there is an issue with the installation
because whatever reason - including admin error deleting the wrong file.

The reason I posted this was not to ask for help, as I already fixed it
for me, but to make it searchable for others looking for help on the
same topic.

greetings kai