[mythtv-users] Frontend submits hardware profile every startup

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Wed Jun 20 09:21:01 UTC 2012

On 15/06/2012 22:31, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> So I've been working with a user in our Mythbuntu IRC channel and we
> resolved this issue for him. In mythtv-setup, he needed to set a PIN
> (his was blank). Please try setting the PIN and seeing if that
> resolves the 500 error for you and let me know.

I've just set a PIN in mythtv-setup on my combined BE/FE. (By the way, I
wasn't even aware of the option, and I've never needed to set a PIN
before, even on my separate FE - it has always just connected fine).
Anyway, this doesn't seem to have made a difference and it is still
trying to submit a hardware profile every startup of mythfrontend.

Also, I've gone into the Setup Wizard in mythfrontend and tried to
submit a profile there, but (after a long delay) it says that there is
an error in submitting the profile. Trying to delete my profile from the
same screen also gives an error message. If I run
"/usr/local/share/mythtv/hardwareprofile/sendProfile.py --submitOnly -d"
manually it says "500 Internal error".

Are we sure the problem isn't at the smolt.mythtv.org end?

Cheers,

John
--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T