Simon Waldman lists at firecloud.org.uk
Wed Jun 20 09:26:07 UTC 2012

> Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 06:32:45 +0200
> From: Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>
> Subject: Re: How to record a TV serial
>> I use "in this time slot each week" occasionally to grab a new episode
>> of something once a week rather than the repeats that sometimes appear
>> at different times on the same channel. I imagine that filtering on
>> "new episode" would do this better, but it doesn't seem to work for me
>> - I'm guessing that the guide data doesn't include that info.
>
> I've never tried it, but can you filter on "series >= 4" to get only the
> current run or newer? (assuming the series to be in its fourth year)

Hmm, I don't know, but I shall look - thank you for the thought. I'm
not totally sure whether this series has episode/season numbers in the
guide data - it's a topical news show - but if so then that's an
answer, so long as I remember to update it!
(for the curious in the UK: The show I'm thinking of is Russel
Howard's Good News. The channel named Dave airs new episodes and
repeats, but I only want new episodes because topical humour about
what happened in the news last year is rarely funny!)

--
Simon Waldman
swaldman at firecloud.org.uk