[mythtv-users] Reactivate recording via API?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Jun 20 14:20:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 07:52:12PM -0400, Dave Badia wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to use the %CHANID% and %STARTTIMEISO% data to
> lookup a recording in the oldrecorded table.  %STARTTIMEISO% correlates to
> the start time in recorded, for example:
> 1091    2012-06-19 18:29:00    2012-06-19 19:05:00    ABC World News With
> Diane Sawyer
>
> but the starttime column in oldrecorded has a different value (1 minute
> later), so I can't map directly from one to another:
> 1091    2012-06-19 18:30:00    2012-06-19 19:00:00    ABC World News With
> Diane Sawyer
>
> it looks like recorded uses the actual start/stop times (including
> early/late padding) whereas oldrecorded use the strict scheduled starttime.

That's correct.

> Do I need to pull the pad time from the DB and adjust %STARTTIMEISO% in my
> perl script to do the oldrecorded lookup or is there some easier way?  I'm
> running 25-fixes.

You first need to use %STARTTIMEISO% to find the matching starttime in
the recorded table.  You then need to use the progstart column from
recorded to find the matching starttime in oldrecorded.  To be
completely correct, you also need use chanid to get the callsign from
channel and then match callsign with station from oldrecrded.  Yeah,
it's convoluted.  Evolution works that way sometimes.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net