[mythtv-users] 8400GS -> GT 430 -> ?? (60Hz, VDPAU High Quality)

William Powers wepprop at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:14:17 UTC 2012

On Jun 20, 2012, at 7:00 AM, Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to replace my low-profile (with fan) GT-430 with another low-profile fanless card.  I haven't been able to find one.  Any ideas?

Fanless low profile NVidia cards that support VDPAU will not support Advanced,2X deinterlacing - you'll have to use Temporal,2X.  If you go that route, I recommend a GT520.

If you discover a low profile card with a quiet and long lived fan that supports flawless playback using Advanced,2X deinterlacing, please let me know. I already know that GT430's don't give me flawless playback and the fan on my GT220 died a loud death after about two months.

The other low profile alternative is OpenGL playback with AMD or Intel Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge CPU graphics. I have had good luck with the Sandy Bridge solution and have converted two of my three frontends to that playback method.