[mythtv-users] How to record a TV serial (was Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 111, Issue 46)

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Wed Jun 20 21:07:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 09:37:14AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>On 06/19/2012 09:27 AM, Simon Waldman wrote:
>>From: "Michael T. Dean"
>>>Timeslot rules are designed for something else, entirely, and should
>>>almost never be used by anyone.  This is especially true since the case
>>>for which they were designed generally no longer exists.
>>I'm curious - what was that use case?
>Basically, it was designed for a show whose listings information was
>useless for scheduling because the new episodes were generally shows
>without any identifying information (no subtitle or description and
>a "generic" programid)--making them look exactly like the rerun
>episodes, and making them impossible to do duplicate matching on.  I.e.
>it's a workaround for broken guide data.

That is funny because this is exactly my problem. Worse, the start and
end times differ about +/-1 minute as well. So don’t tell me this case
doesn’t exist anymore.
I wouldn’t trust blindly the EPG information. The EPG title for the UEFA
football match last Monday was changed from „UEFA <something>” to
„Italien - Irland”, so Mythtv refused to record (no match). So I know of
more problems recording with EPG information as only rule set.

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse at fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |