[mythtv-users] MythTV AirPlay noob

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 24 13:11:52 UTC 2012

On 24/06/2012 10:13, Glen wrote:
>> They probably got a take down notice from Apple and removed it...
>>
>> Check the shairport project..
>> https://github.com/albertz/shairport/blob/master/shairport.c
>
> Thanks, but I am still a tad confused.
> I found the key at the bottom of the page but in the code it appears to
> be being inserted into a variable (all the "" and the \n and \).
> I have tried copying and pasting it into an RAOPKey.rsa file and
> removing the end of line (\n) and "" characters but when I...
>
> shasum ~/.mythtv/RAOPKey.rsa
>
> ...I don't get 35a168eaecec4d3c31424bba54de5ca0a058c24a.
> I checked the file and the first time I had left a " right at the end
> but when I removed it I got yet another different sum.
> What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks again,
> Glen

Yeah, you need to remove the "" and the \n at the end of the lines

Wierdly the last line of the key looks wrong on that link.  Well
different to mine which works and I'm sure I also got from the Shairport
project.

try changing the final line of the key to:

2gG0N5hvJpzwwhbhXqFKA4zaaSrw622wDniAK5MlIE0tIAKKP4yxNGjoD2QYjhBGuhvkWKaXTyY=

Robert.