[mythtv-users] Problem with menus showing through in program guide

NF nfazz1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 02:04:55 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded from 0.24 to 0.25 fixes and I have come across an unusual problem with my program guide.  I should start out by saying that I have searched the user list and google for a solution, but can't find any other mention of this problem anywhere.  I have two different types of mythtv systems in use in my house, and they both exhibit the problem in slightly different ways.  The zotac ion machines that I use as frontends display issue differently than my core i5 sandy bridge backend machine.  I am running 0.25-1.43-g73bc45e (at least that's what is shown on system status in the frontend).

On the ion systems, the problem is as follows:  When you bring up the program guide, the livetv display is supposed to show through in the background.  Indeed, I can tell that the display actually resizes just for a split second to the smaller window before it is covered over completely by the main menu theme window (the screen with watch tv, setup, media library, etc).  The program guide is overlaid on top of all of the windows, so it's fairly still readable, but it looks very odd with the main menu showing through and the live tv window is not visible.  Also, when changing channels, most of the time the main menu is fully visible for a second or two before live tv starts playing again.  This does not happen all the time, such as when i'm changing channels between two channels on the same hdhomerun, but always happens when changing between channels on the hdhomerun prime, and back and forth between the two hdhomeruns.  I also tried bringing up the program guide while watching recorded tv, and this time, the view recordings screen is visible behind the program guide window.  On my core i5 combined BE/FE, the only issue that occurs is the main menu being visible for a second when changing channels.  The other issue does not occur there, and the small livetv inlay window displays normally.  The only reason I make the distinction is that I think the two problems are related and it doesn't seem to be specific to the ion boxes.

I hope I explained this clearly enough.  If anyone could help me out with this issue, I would be very appreciative.  I'm loving the overall 0.25 experience so far, aside from this issue.  0.25 is looking like a nice improvement, so thanks to the developers for their hard work.

Nick