[mythtv-users] MythTV AirPlay noob

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jun 27 03:06:11 UTC 2012

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 21:36:51 +1000
> From: Glen <glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV AirPlay noob
>
>> you only need the RSA key for playing audio.
>> You do not need a key to play video+audio  However, you do need to
>> start mythfrontend with MYTHTV_AIRPLAY=1 env variable set
>>
>> Read the wiiki entry: you can't play DRMed video. So any videos you
>> have on your iPhone that you downloaded for the iTunes store: you
>> can't play them
>
> Yep, got that. Do you need to set that variable every time? Can I put
> MYTHTV_AIRPLAY="1" into /etc/mythtv/session-settings?

Glan asked:

> Is the wiki section "Permanently Enabling in OSX Finder" to do with
> permanently setting MYTHTV_AIRPLAY in a frontend?

A Mac OS X frontend machine
(i.e. a Mac that is running the frontend by double-clicking the binary),
instead of a Linux machine (from a XTerm).

Should probably be instructions for various Linux window managers, too.

> What is OSX Finder?
> Isn't it a browser?

A file manager. Like Windows Explorer, GNOME, KDE, Fluxbox, et c.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| All science is       |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | either Physics       |