[mythtv-users] analog tuner on HVR-1600 not capturing?

Robert Rust rjrbytes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 19:03:44 UTC 2012

My apologies to those who subscribe to ivtv-users and have seen this
already, but I'm having difficulties getting an HVR-1600 that I removed
from an existing (and fully functional) MythTV 10.04 system to work in a
new box that I built.  The tuner appears to get signal (when I use ivtv-ctl
to tune it and MythTV finds channels during a scan), but dumping from
/dev/video0 (device for tuner 1) to a file produces a 0 byte file with no
explanation in any logs I can find.  When I record, I get repeating lines
my my log that say:
DevRdB(/dev/video0) Error: Poll giving up
MPEGRec(/dev/video0) Error: Device error detected
DevRdB(/dev/video0): Stop(): Not running.

Thoughts?  Things to try?

-Robert