[mythtv-users] Commercial detection on 0.25 a bit poor?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Thu Jun 28 06:15:17 UTC 2012

On 26/06/12 22:17, Glen wrote:
> Has anyone else (particularly in Australia) noticed poor ad detection
> recently? Is it just the networks doing something different? Is there
> something different in 0.25?

Yeah, this is *exactly* my experience.  I basically only record SBS and ABC.

Commercial detection would work 99% fine on SBS, occasionally something in
mythbusters would cause it to miss the last ad, but that's only the 1%.

But since I clean-installed to 0.25+fixes, commercial detection is in a
world of pain, accuracy would be in sub-10% range for the same shows I was
recording previously.

I have strict, and all-available-methods set.

Bit of a head-scratcher really.

cheers,
-kt