[mythtv-users] Can MythTV play blu-rays?

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:11:21 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net
> wrote:

> On 28 June 2012 04:25, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

>>> Before investing even minimal effort, you should ask on the dev
>>> list if (and how) patches would need to be created to be accepted
>>> into the core project, since any such software defeats certain content
>>> restrictions that may be of questionable legality in certain
>>> jurisdictions.
>>> The example of requiring external keys (airplay) or libraries (libdvdcss)
>>> not part of the project might be a guide (which allows one to stay on
>>> the safe side of a very thin line), but only the core team could make
>>> a decision.
>>>

>> Yes, I see your point, but I was thinking it could be solved just by
>> having internal player support the type of http streams that MakeMKV
>> streams. I don't think there are legal issues with that. It's
>> conceivable that internal player already supports such streams, just
>> no one that knows is saying so.

> That should be easy enough to test with mythavtest?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

DumpHD has a BD+ support too so I guess its output can be piped through
mythavtest as well. I'm using it in conjunction with mplayer like:

$ dumphd --infile:/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts /media/bluray | mplayer -nogui
-quiet -fs -zoom -noborder -cache 8192 -aid 4353 -vo gl -ao alsa:noblock
-lavdopts threads=2 -demuxer lavf -channels 2 -

It can be easily scripted and launched via additional menu entry in MythTV
as a workaround of course.