[mythtv-users] "Watch Recordings" slow - disable thumbnail/preview generation, or big SQL queries?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:51:52 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Niklas Brunlid <prefect47 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ran this a few times and I think it feels a little faster, but it may just
> be a psychological effect. :)
> I think running the optimize_mythdb.pl script  is what actually made a
> difference.
>
> Niklas, since you said you're running AtRPMS 0.24, why not update to the
Bijou train published by Yeechang Lee?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/16101

I've been running this on my backend and two ION-based frontends and it's
much faster entering Watch Recordings with the patch from bug 10161
integrated. It appears this patch was tweaked and accepted into Master for
0.26.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10161

/Brian/