[mythtv-users] Finding a suitable device for a Harmony remote

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Sat Mar 3 16:35:48 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012, at 04:25 PM, Mike Perkins wrote:

> I don't have an infra-red keyboard either, so I can't get my remote to
> learn the
> codes I want from that.
>
> The problem, it seems to me, is that the 'Logitech Way' is to use the
> original
> remote which comes with any gadget to program their universal remotes.
> However,
> this falls down when something like Mythtv is the device in question.
>
> So, how do other people get round this problem?

I went the infrared keyboard and Harmony 650 route.  No matter what I
do, I can't get the keypresses quicker than .75/sec so when you are
scrolling, it takes FOREVER.

I will probably have to pick up a usb ir reader and use lirc to bypass
the problem (Logitech said they can't help me).

If you are using lirc, just pick any remote, press the keys and use the
program to figure out how to reconfigure the keybinds into what you DO
want.  Just because Menu actually equal Input for some TV that you
picked, it won't matter since you are configuring what that button
actually does in lirc.

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com