[mythtv-users] IR (Ubuntu) Troubleshooting

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Sun Mar 4 04:14:10 UTC 2012

> Have you tried using lircd with the 'devinput' driver?  e.g.
> lircd --driver=devinput --device=/dev/input/by-id/{whatever your device
> appears as}
> (or however mythbuntu does these things)
>
> You'll need to use the lircd.conf.devinput file (you should find it
> somewhere under /usr/share/lirc/remotes/) in place of lircd.conf
>
> Just a suggestion...worked for newer debian systems, just had to rewrite
> my ~home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc file to use the devinput keynames.
>
> Cheers,

I am not launching lircd with devinput, but have followed this tutorial
in an attempt to get things working:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VRC-1100_Ortek_Technology_MCE_Clone_Remote.
Listed below is  some of my hardware.conf, lircd.conf, and
~./lirc/mythtv file :

  I have worked with showkey,  xkeycaps, and xmodmap and created a
simple .Xmodmap file to try and get past the alerts that pop up when I
press the Play, Pause and a few other buttons on the remote. As near as
I can tell, it is always evdev that responds to IR requests, and not
lirc. If you have a working scenario with a box running evdev and lirc,
I would love to see the configs and setup.

# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="None"
REMOTE_MODULES=""
REMOTE_DRIVER="devinput"
REMOTE_DEVICE="phys="usb-0000:00:13.1-1/input0""
REMOTE_SOCKET="/dev/lircd"
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Chosen IR Transmitter
TRANSMITTER="None"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER="devinput"
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE="phys="usb-0000:00:13.1-1/input1""
TRANSMITTER_SOCKET="/dev/lircd"
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Enable lircd
START_LIRCD="true"

lircd.conf: