[mythtv-users] Change startup channel

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Mar 4 20:18:47 UTC 2012

On 04/03/12 19:41, Stefan D wrote:

>> I suspect it's a lot of bother to implement and live tv isn't really why
>> we install myth in the first place.
>>
> But on the other side, as long as LiveTV is a part of MythTV i think it
> should work in a user friendly way. Otherwise they could/should remove it.
> But then again, a developer needs to care for LiveTV or it wont be fixed.
> And i think that in some countries LiveTV is actually used a lot. I use it
> all the time even though it is not very stable. But since i cant do much
> about it i'll have to live with it and hope it will get better over time.
> Small steps.

But as I have pointed out before, LiveTV, although it may not be the preferred
operation for most Mythtv users, can be an essential diagnostic tool. Maybe it's
not so important these days as the digital multiplexes have relevant information
carried in 'sidebands' but it can still be useful for solving certain issues.

--

Mike Perkins