[mythtv-users] Change startup channel

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:25:22 UTC 2012

> And how many potential users does MythTV lose each year due to a wife's or
> family's bad first impression????
>
> Lots of normal folks think that something called Myth "TV" that can't
> actually be used to watch tv isn't worth exploring further.  Beginners have
> to start somewhere and live tv is that place.
>
> My family is not much impressed with Live TV's eratic behavior.

Well you are probably right. But a few things i have learned during the
years i have used MythTV. To make MythTV better you need developers. Most
of the developers do the things they need and think are fun to develop.
More so a few years ago, although i have seen a change lately. Now it
actually seems that they think more about making MythTV more user friendly,
and not only making MythTV work for their own pleasure. For that i give a
big thank you to all developers making MythTV better for all.

I do understand that it is more fun to make things you use yourself, but i
hope they also get pleasure in making MythTV the best PVR software in the
world. I have always seen MythTV as a project by developers for developers
and since i'm not a developer i try to be happy with the features that
work. And live with the things that don't work so good.

Someday a developer will make LiveTV better. We'll just have to wait, or
learn how to develop our self.

/Stefan