[mythtv-users] audio question: GeForce GT 430 over HDMI

ojw at weilerfamily.com ojw at weilerfamily.com
Mon Mar 5 01:00:08 UTC 2012

I've got a bit of an issue with audio that might be more operating
system
related than mythtv related but since audio works in mythtv, I thought
I'd
ask it here.

I just got mythbuntu working well using a GeForce GT 430. Video and
audio
are both coming through the HDMI cable out of the 430 when using
mythtvfrontend. When I open a browser (currently using Chromium, though
don't think that matters), I get no audio.

In the audio section of mythfrontend setup, the audio device used is
"ALSA:dmix:card:NVidia,DEV=9". When I open the mixer gui, I see a
single
set of sliders for PCM which I have all the way up. In the mixer
"switches"
tab, I see 4 things: "IEC958" "IEC958 2" "IEC958 3" and "IEC958 4"
which
are all checked.

In case it helps, I'm running mythtvfrontend --version shows this:

MythTV Version : v0.24.1-80-g1de0431
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version : 4.7.3
Options compiled in:
  linux profile using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg

And the operating system is Ubuntu 11.10 as installed from mythbuntu.

Can somebody give me some pointers on what I should be looking
for/playing
with to get audio out of "everyday" ubuntu apps?