[mythtv-users] Not compiled with any useable video output method

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:26:56 UTC 2012

> I don't see how the plugins are related to core playback
> functionalities in any ways...

It didn't make sense to me either,  but then I don't really understand
the mythtv architecture.

Installing the plugins was all I did to make the error go away.

What I did was a make and install of mythtv.

I ran up the mythbackend/mythfrontend and started compiling mythplugins.

While the plugins were compiling I tried to play a recording and discovered the

'Not compiled with any useable video output method' error.  I restarted the box
but the error remained so I looked into the frontend log.

The frontend log contained many incompatible plugin errors to I
decided to wait till the plugins
were installed before investigating further.

With the plugins installed the error disappeared.