[mythtv-users] HDHR tuners just died?

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 22:12:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
> On 12-03-01 09:08 AM, Paul Stillwell wrote:
>> I have one of the original HDHRs and it looks like the tuners in it just died.
>> Has anyone else seen this?
>
> Loads of people (me included) had the exact same problem.
> Something defective or whatever in that first rev.
>
> Contact SiliconDust and they'll likely offer a discount on a (newer rev)
> replacement,
> if you want one from them.
>
> Cheers

As someone stated previously, check the power cable.  I had the exact
same issue this past week and thought I was in for a new HDHR3 (which
made me sad because I liked having the IR receiver in the HDHR).  On a
whim I noticed my Roku has the same 5VDC power as the HDHR.  I swapped
them and the HDHR started performing great.  No issues whatsoever.
Now I'm in the market for a new 5V adapter...