[mythtv-users] Which nVidia card?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 23:29:37 UTC 2012

On 03/06/2012 04:46 PM, Jim Oltman wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Mark Hutchinson<markhsa at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> What is the issue or setting that needs to be made in .25 with
>> VDPAUBUFFERSIZE?

Mike Dean answered this awhile ago in:

   http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/505593#505593

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25
>
> Just under the Table of Contents:
>
> After upgrading, remove the vdpaubuffersize filter using mythfrontend Setup,
> TV Settings, Playback, Playback Profiles (page 3), Edit, Custom profiles
> (2nd page) Custom filters:. Check all three VDPAU profiles (High Quality,
> Normal and Slim.) This is not urgent after
> [a9bf1d3]<http://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/a9bf1d3>
>
> Apparently, vdpaubuffersize is dynamic now.  No need to manually define it,
> and I think it breaks things if you leave it in there.

That was the concern and the reason for the original Wiki note, however:

The commit renames vdpaubuffersize->vdpaubuffercount, which no one* should
have configured, thus eliminating the problem of someone not reading
the release notes and removing it. (not that that could happen)

So, now its just a cleanup task (or just ignored.)

*mythpsychics not included

--
Bill