[mythtv-users] Announcing a MythTV Indicator for Ubuntu Unity

kenkyee at yahoo.com kenkyee at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 14:01:44 UTC 2012

Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:
> - Unity panel icons reflect MythTV's current state:

Would also be interesting to see if it's running a mythcommflag, mythexport, etc. job in the background but I'm not sure you have that much visibility?

Out of curiosity, since you run Unity, what do you do about the stupid status bar up top when using MythTV?  I tried Unity initially w/ my latest mythbuntu setup and couldn't find a way to get rid of it...found a few confirmations you can't get rid of it and even tried making it "transparent" (but it shows the desktop) and finally ended up filing a bug report w/ Ubuntu :-P