[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Wed Mar 7 23:13:53 UTC 2012

Martin Moores wrote:
> On 7 March 2012 21:58, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info
> <mailto:support at drdos.info>> wrote:
>

>     And I believe there was an external script based on volume changes on a
>     channel that people have reported good results with.
>

> Indeed, I never got around to trying that, but many said they had a lot
> of success with it:

It works very well for me. I changed the script so that it runs on all
channels, not only the white listed ones. If there is really a show
which doesn't get marked properly, I still press the forward button a
few times as I did before, but most of the times it works.

The mythcommflag which comes with MythTV takes much longer and basically
doesn't work at all in the UK.